Introduction and Terms
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR Mifuko Oy is the data controller.
Hämeentie 130 A, 00560 Helsinki, Finland
VAT number: 22522395
We are 100% committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy.
Whenever we process such information, we will do so in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR.
With ´CUSTOMER` we mean an individual who has placed an order by Mifuko personnel or using the `Site`.
With `VISITOR´ we mean an individual who visits the Site anonymously and/or individual who has subscribed to Mifuko Newsletter but has not placed an order.
We are happy to talk with you about the privacy of your data and how we handle it.
Should you want to know what personal data we have collected, have your personal data updated or deleted, you have the right to request this. Furthermore you have the right to restrict processing of your data in certain situations, such as use of data for direct marketing.
Please note that you must be able to prove your identity to prevent abuse.
Email us: info[at]mifuko.fi
Call us: Minna Impiö, phone number: +358 50 593 2044
Mail us: Mifuko Oy, Hämeentie 130 A 00560, Helsinki
If you notice any deficiency in the processing of your data or you think it is against the law, you have the right to make a complaint to data protection officials.
Why do we collect your personal data?
For better user experience in our web shop!
We want to optimize your user experience by continuously developing the page structure, page layouts and understanding your interest to better recommend products that may best suit your needs. And we are obsessed about making sure your shopping path is as easy as possible.
For personalized experience and best possible customer experience!
We do not want to spam you. We want to show and send you marketing messages that you enjoy and find useful. We also want to keep you informed about new product collections, new stock that you may be interested in, items on sale and the social impact we are making also through Mifuko Trust.
Personal data may be processed for the following purposes:
- Managing and developing customer accounts
- Implementing services
- Verifying customer events
- Developing customer service and business operations
- Targeted advertising in online services provided by us or third parties
- Analysis and statistics, polling and market surveys and other similar uses.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill orders including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations.
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
- You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, company name and VAT number, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Sharing your personal information with 3rd parties
We will keep your data inside our organisation except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers to supply and support our business services, such as:
- IT systems for web store, accounting, operations and inventory management
- Email provider.
- Couriers and warehousing.
- Customer service network.
- Marketing services such as email and direct mail.
- With our consent, advertisers operating in categories such as clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors as well as advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- With our consent, marketing agencies for the purpose of customer profiling and learning about customer behaviour in order to provide relevant products and services.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Please note that we use third party service providers that do not host your data only within the EU but may transfer your data outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, and the provision of support services.
We use Shopify to power our online store and Shopify's app partners to support our inventory management, marketing communications and similar operational processes.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site and we use Google Ads to advertise in Google and help us understand the effectiveness of search engine marketing.
We use Facebook and social media services Facebook provides such as but limited to Messenger and Instagram to share our product information, communicate with our fans and advertise in the social media
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
It’s important to notice that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the `Site` may not function properly.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Personal data will only be retained and processed for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing said data.
As a rule, customer-related information is retained and processed for the entire duration of the customer relationship and for six (6) years after the relationship has ended based on the requirement Finnish Bookkeeping Act.
Information collected for email marketing purposes only, when no customer relationship does not exist, will be retained as long as email subscription is cancelled.